[pgpool-general: 8512] Can pgpool load balance across read-write nodes?

Sbob sbob at quadratum-braccas.com
Fri Dec 9 01:07:49 JST 2022

Hi;

I have an architecture where I am using Foreign Data Wrappers to scale

So I have a read/write db (server a) and it has 2 schemas in it, schema
1 has a number of foreign tables to server b and schema 2 has a number
of foreign tables pointing to server c

for 'writes' the app can simply connect to server a and the FDW's take
care of where the data lives so server a is sort of a 'federated' server

I also want to load balance reads, so I have 2 Hot Standby's for server
b and 2 Hot standby's for server c

Then I created 2 new 'federated' servers and these servers have Foreign
servers defined that connect to the Hot standby nodes, something like this

Question:

Is it possible to have pgpool send all writes to server a and then load
balance reads across servers e and h (note that e and h are actually
read/write clusters)?