[pgpool-general: 8101] Re: Pg_stat_activity hung queries issue

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Mon Apr 25 16:47:37 JST 2022

> No, it doesn't.
> In that case when you make the select statement, piggy internal queries
> failed and the session rebooted

I see it now.

test=# begin;
BEGIN
test=*# insert into ttt values(1);
ERROR:  relation "ttt" does not exist
LINE 1: insert into ttt values(1);
                    ^
test=!# select * from t1;
FATAL:  Backend throw an error message
DETAIL:  Exiting current session because of an error from backend
HINT:  BACKEND Error: "current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block"
	before or while processing the request.
The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.

I think pgpool could remember that current transaction is in abort
status and does not issue the piggyback query when the selec is
issued. Let me see what we can do for this.

Best reagards,