[pgpool-general: 7809] Re: pgpool_recovery extension

Umar Hayat m.umarkiani at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 03:30:56 JST 2021

Well these are two different things from the packaging side.
- pgpool2 package contains core pgpool application.
  It has service files, configurations, binaries etc.
- postgresql-XX-pgpool2 package contains extension for PG Server, XX means
extension is packaged for each different supported version.
  It contain extension binaries and control file etc ( It does have to do
anything with pgpool2 core, you can have extension without pgpool2 on
remote machine)

So,
- installing/removing the extension package should not disturb your
configuration files in /etc/pgpool2.
- Uninstalling using 'apt remove pgpool2' should not remove your
configuration files ( If you use 'apt purge' it WILL remove )