[pgpool-general: 7802] pgpool_recovery extension

Nirav Bhatt niravbhatt.cpp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 06:42:13 JST 2021

Hello!

I installed pgpool2 on Ubuntu from this repo:

4.1.4-3.pgdg20.04+2
http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt focal-pgdg/main

When I run this:
psql template1 -c "CREATE EXTENSION pgpool_recovery"

I got error:
could not open extension control file
"/usr/share/postgresql/14/extension/pgpool_recovery.control": No such file
or directory

I checked the directory and obviously it does not have the required sql and
control files.

I see that it could be installed using make install, but I am afraid that
it will spoil my existing set up by overwriting other things carefully set
up (e.g. conf files, sh files, postgresql)

Without disturbing what is already set up for pgpool2, what is the way to
install this extension (i.e. running a few sql commands or moving some
files manually to directory /usr/share/postgresql/14/extension/?)

Thanks a lot for the help!
-Nirav