[pgpool-general: 7905] Re: Possible race condition during startup causing node to enter network isolation

Emond Papegaaij emond.papegaaij at gmail.com
Mon Nov 29 17:33:18 JST 2021

Hi Bo Peng,

> > Unfortunately, the failure is not reproducible in a reliable way. It
> occurs
> > about once every 10 to 20 runs of our tests. The test that fails is a
> full
> > upgrade of our appliance. This upgrade includes a new docker container
> for
> > both postgresql and Pgpool. Both services are restarted. Pgpool is
> upgraded
> > from 4.2.4 to 4.2.6.
>
> I have checked your pgpool.conf.
> I think it is not caused by the configuration.
> Does this issue occur only during 4.2.4->4.2.6 upgrade ?
> Does this issue occur after you upgraded all nodes to 4.2.6?

I remember seeing this issue also on other scenario's, but I'm not 100%
sure. I've moved our tests to the next version of our application, meaning
the upgrade will now be from 4.2.6 to 4.2.6, just upgrading the docker
container. If this issue is indeed caused by the upgrade, we will know in a
few weeks. This issue occurs very rarely and the tests take several hours
to complete, so we only have about 5 runs per day. We did hit the problem
again this weekend and I've saved all logs from that run. So if there's
anything you need from that run, let me know.

Best regards,
Emond