[pgpool-general: 7875] HikariPool and PGpool

Nikolay Mastilo (HM) nikm71 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 12 23:15:27 JST 2021

Hello All,

We have microservices application that run in Kubernetes. The
application is written on Java. It uses Hibernate with HikariPool.

We have PGpool between application and PostgreSQL database, that is used
as connection pool and r/w load balancer.

Periodically some microservice hang with error about problem connection
of hikaripool. This microservice start work normally after its restart.

I suspect there is some misunderstanding or conflict between the
hikaripool and the PGpool connection pool.

Could anyone advise on how to properly configure hikaripool and/or
PGpool so that they do not conflict but work harmoniously.

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,
    Nikolay