[pgpool-general: 7869] pgpool and postgresql 13

Jon SCHEWE jon.schewe at raytheon.com
Wed Nov 10 03:01:08 JST 2021

I'm new to pgpool and using it to setup a high availability postgresql cluster. I have 3 systems, each one running pgpool and postgresql. I'm using pgpool 4.1 and postgresql 13 with streaming replication. I have most everything working, except failover across the postgresql servers. I see that in postgresql versions 12 and higher the file recover.conf file is no longer read. The scripts for pgpool creates myrecovery.conf instead. A couple of questions about this config

1. Should I be modifying my postgresql.conf file to include myrecovery.conf? I haven't found this referenced in the documentation.
2. Should I be putting my primar_conninfo parameters in this file instead of postgresql.conf?

Thank you

Jon Schewe

Principal Software Systems Technologist
C: +1 612.263.2718