[pgpool-general: 7868] Pgpool-II 4.3 beta1 released.
pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Nov 9 13:02:20 JST 2021
Pgpool Global Development Group is pleased to announce the availability of Pgpool-II 4.3 beta1.
This is not intended to be used in production but is close to the
release version. So users are encouraged to test it out
V4.3 contains new features and enhancements, including:
* A new membership mechanism is introduced to Watchdog to
allow to keep quorum/VIP when some of watchdog nodes are removed.
* Allow to choose the least replication delay standby node
when selecting the load balance node.
* Allow to specify the node id to be promoted in pcp_promote_node.
* Allow to configure to not trigger failover when PostgreSQL
is shutdown by admin or killed by pg_terminate_backend.
* Add new fields to pcp_proc_info, SHOW POOL_PROCESSES and
SHOW POOL_POOLS command to display more useful information to admin.
* Allow pcp_node_info to list all backend nodes information.
* Add new fields showing actual PostgreSQL status to
SHOW POOL NODES command and friends.
* Add a new parameter which represents the recovery source
hostname to recovery_1st_stage_command and recovery_2nd_stage_command.
* Add support for log time stamp with milliseconds.
* Import PostgreSQL 14's SQL parser.
* Support include directive in pgppol.conf file.
You can have separate sub-config file to be included in pgpool.conf.
* pgpool.conf sample files are unified into single sample file for easier configuration.
* All configuration parameters in pgpool.conf sample file are
commented out to clarify which parameter is needed to be changed.
You can download it from:
Please see the release notes at:
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
More information about the pgpool-general