[pgpool-general: 7579] pgpool psql hanged and APPARENT DEADLOCK Message in Application Logs

Moin Akther moindba at hotmail.com
Tue May 18 23:36:31 JST 2021

Dear Team,

We are facing issue whenever application is connecting to pgpool 4th Node.

We have 4 Applications and 4 pgpool nodes, at any point of time Application can able to connect only 3 pgpool nodes, when we are starting application services on 4 pgpool node we are getting below error messages on application logs and also psql command on pgpool is getting hanged..

Application Logs:

APPARENT DEADLOCK!!! Complete Status:
                Managed Threads: 3
                Active Threads: 3

APPARENT  DEADLOCK!!! Creating emergency threads for unassigned pending tasks !
[Timer-0] [WARN] [async.ThreadPoolAsynchronousRunner] – (in deadlocked PoolThread) failed to complete in maximum time 6000ms. Trying interrupt().

Pgpool version:4.0.3

Thanks and Best Regards,

Moin Akther