[pgpool-general: 7545] Re: Strange behavior on switchover with detach_false_primary enabled

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed May 5 09:38:29 JST 2021

Hi Emond,

> I've been running tests against master for the past few days and the
> results are looking good. I've not seen any failures caused by the
> detach_false_primary.

Thanks for the feedback. I am going to discuss with other Pgpool-II
developers whether we should back-patch the fix because the patch make
detach_false_primary run on only leader watchdog node (and only when
the quorum exists). In general we do not allow to make user-visible
changes on existing stable branches. However without the patch
detach_false_primary is broken anyway and probably that's the only way
to fix the problem, and I think we should back-patch the fix.