[pgpool-general: 7543] VIP with one node

Rébeli-Szabó Tamás pub at rblst.info
Tue May 4 08:02:33 JST 2021

Dear all,

I have fairly common 3-node cluster, with each node running a PgPool and
a PostreSQL instance.

I have set up priorities so that:
   - when all 3 nodes are up, the 1st node is gonna have the VIP,
   - when the 1st node is down, the 2nd node is gonna have the VIP, and
   - when both the 1st and the 2nd nodes are down, then the 3rd node
should get the VIP.

My problem is that when only 1 node is up, the VIP is not brought up,
because there is no quorum.
How can I get PgPool to bring up the VIP to the only remaining node,
which still could and should serve requests?

Regards,

tamas

--
Rébeli-Szabó Tamás