[pgpool-general: 7539] Re: Strange behavior on switchover with detach_false_primary enabled

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Sat May 1 16:02:28 JST 2021

> I've started several runs so far, but none of them have been
> successful. The problem seems to be caused by the change in the
> pcp_node_info output that breaks some of my scripts.

Ok, attached is a patch for V4.2 stable branch.

Also I have created a patch to test detach_false_primary under
watchdog (detach_false_primary_test_V4.2.diff). To make the test work,
you beed HEAD of V4.2 stable branch.

> It's easy to fix
> the scripts to accommodate for the values, but I've noticed something
> strange in the output:
> Node 0: 172.29.30.1 5432 1 0.333333 waiting down primary primary 0
> 2021-04-30 18:20:26
> Node 1: 172.29.30.2 5432 1 0.333333 waiting down standby standby 0
> streaming async 2021-04-30 18:21:00
> Node 2: 172.29.30.3 5432 1 0.333333 waiting down standby standby 0
> streaming async 2021-04-30 18:20:47
>
> As you can see, all nodes report 'down' as the 'actual backend
> status'. This is probably caused by the fact that pgpool runs inside a
> docker container that does not have postgresql installed. Therefore
> pg_isready is not available. I don't know if this is going to have
> consequences for pgpool itself or if it's just a reporting issue, but
> I would prefer pgpool to not depend on postgresql binaries for its
> reporting.

Let me think about it.

> I hope the next test run will succeed, but my working week is over
> now, so I'll check it next week.

In Japan from April 30 to May 5 are national holidays ("Golden week"),
so developers in Japan may not work during the time.