[pgpool-general: 7457] AWS Aurora / Postgres handling additional Database Users

Eric Brawner eric.brawner at exprealty.net
Fri Mar 26 06:03:54 JST 2021

Hi all,

I think I know the answer already (No).  But want to make absolutely sure.
It seems for Aurora we needed to use MD5 to hash the password for our
Database User (User1).  However, we have several other database users we'd
also like to have connect via PGPool.

Is there a configuration/way we can have these additional users pass-though
authenticate to the Aurora Postgres instance?  I think its no.

If that is the case our only option is to also MD5 hash the additional
user's passwords into PGPool such that we'd need to maintain
their passwords in both Aurora & PGPool?

Thanks in advance

Eric

--
*Eric Brawner*