[pgpool-general: 7451] Re: Supported python async drivers

Anton Melser anton at transcrob.es
Mon Mar 22 10:21:37 JST 2021

> You get this authentication error after applying my patch?
> Strange. The patch does not touch the code path above...

The error is unrelated but I was unable to configure the new pgpool from
source to run without it. There were a large number of changes between
4.1.4 and 4.2.2 on the config level, at least when trying to make sense of
a diff between the Ubuntu config and the pure .sample file. All this to say
I may not have had pgpool configured properly. As mentioned though, there
was a clear not working -> working change with the application of the
patch, so it is now working, at least for these types of queries.

I have been looking at the release cycle, and it looks like you do bugfix
rollups every 3 mths (for non-critical anyway). The last one being last
month, does that mean we should expect a 4.2.3 sometime around the 20th of
May?

Thanks again for your help on this.