[pgpool-general: 7437] Supported python async drivers

Anton Melser anton at transcrob.es
Wed Mar 17 20:51:09 JST 2021

Hi,

I am using pgpool2 for failover (and maybe later load balancing, it's a
long story...) and am starting to migrate some of my code to use async.
Many async projects that support postgres I have seen do so via asyncpg.
asyncpg doesn't seem to work at all with pgpool2 (at least with my current
pgpool config, which works perfectly synchronously with psycopg2). Basic
initial testing suggests aiopg does support pgpool2, at least for what I
tested it with. This is probably because it is based on psycopg2-binary.

Unfortunately almost all of the projects I have been looking at using that
require async postgres only support asyncpg (Broadcaster, TortoiseORM,...),
not aiopg.

Is there an officially supported async driver for python? Is one planned?

Thanks!