[pgpool-general: 7654] pcp_node_info shows different status on leader and standby

ehansmair at prompt-software.de ehansmair at prompt-software.de
Wed Jul 28 16:40:07 JST 2021

Hello,

in my setup I use two servers. Each one runs a PostgreSQL 12.7 and a
pgpool-II 4.2.3 instance. Databases use streaming replication.

The pcp_node_info shows different results on leader and standby. On the
server with leader role I get the expected result:

        node 0: Status: 2       Status Name: up Role: primary Replication
State:
        node 1: Status: 2       Status Name: up Role: standby Replication
State: streaming

On the server which runs pgpool-II as standby I get:

        node 0: Status: 1       Status Name: waiting    Role: primary
Replication State:
        node 1: Status: 1       Status Name: waiting    Role: standby
Replication State: streaming

I expected to get the same results on each server. Is something going
wrong or haven't I read the documentation too fast?

Best regards

Ernst Hansmair

Prompt Software Systems GmbH
Firmensitz: Salzburger Strasse 19, 83512 Wasserburg

Geschäftsführer:
Dipl. Bankbetriebswirt (BA) Uwe Größl,
Ernst Hansmair,
Dipl. Inform. Gerhard Hansmair,