[pgpool-general: 7644] Re: empty replication_state and replication_sync_state in SHOW POOL_NODES

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Sat Jul 17 07:55:56 JST 2021

> Hello, replication is working, if I execute "select * from pg_stat_replication;" on master node I see state and sync_state, but with SHOW POOL_NODES, replication_state and replication_sync_state are empty.
> I set the backend_application_name for every node in pgpool.conf, which could be the issue?
> This is pgpool.conf backend settings:
>
> # - Backend Connection Settings -
>
> backend_hostname0 = 'vm-lxpgresc1'
> # Host name or IP address to connect to for backend 0
> backend_port0 = 5432
> # Port number for backend 0
> backend_weight0 = 1
> # Weight for backend 0 (only in load balancing mode)
> backend_data_directory0 = '/var/lib/pgsql/12/data'
> # Data directory for backend 0
> backend_flag0 = 'ALLOW_TO_FAILOVER'
> # Controls various backend behavior
> # ALLOW_TO_FAILOVER, DISALLOW_TO_FAILOVER
> # or ALWAYS_PRIMARY
> backend_application_name0 = 'vm-lxpgresc1'
> # walsender's application_name, used for "show pool_nodes" command
[snip]

Have you set the application name into "primary_conninfo" of
postgresql.conf? Usually primary_conninfo is created by
recovery_1st_stage_command of pgpool.conf.
You can find how to do it in the doc.
https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/example-cluster.html
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgpool2.git;a=blob_plain;f=src/sample/scripts/recovery_1st_stage.sample;hb=refs/heads/V4_2_STABLE