[pgpool-general: 7643] empty replication_state and replication_sync_state in SHOW POOL_NODES

Francesco Mazzi fmazzi at comune.genova.it
Thu Jul 15 18:43:50 JST 2021

Hello, replication is working, if I execute "select * from pg_stat_replication;" on master node I see state and sync_state, but with SHOW POOL_NODES, replication_state and replication_sync_state are empty.
I set the backend_application_name for every node in pgpool.conf, which could be the issue?
This is pgpool.conf backend settings:

# - Backend Connection Settings -

backend_hostname0 = 'vm-lxpgresc1'
# Host name or IP address to connect to for backend 0
backend_port0 = 5432
# Port number for backend 0
backend_weight0 = 1
# Weight for backend 0 (only in load balancing mode)
backend_data_directory0 = '/var/lib/pgsql/12/data'
# Data directory for backend 0
backend_flag0 = 'ALLOW_TO_FAILOVER'
# Controls various backend behavior
# ALLOW_TO_FAILOVER, DISALLOW_TO_FAILOVER
# or ALWAYS_PRIMARY
backend_application_name0 = 'vm-lxpgresc1'
# walsender's application_name, used for "show pool_nodes" command

backend_hostname1 = 'vm-lxpgresc2'
# Host name or IP address to connect to for backend 0
backend_port1 = 5432
# Port number for backend 0
backend_weight1 = 1
# Weight for backend 0 (only in load balancing mode)
backend_data_directory1 = '/var/lib/pgsql/12/data'
# Data directory for backend 0
backend_flag1 = 'ALLOW_TO_FAILOVER'
# Controls various backend behavior
# ALLOW_TO_FAILOVER, DISALLOW_TO_FAILOVER
# or ALWAYS_PRIMARY
backend_application_name1 = 'vm-lxpgresc2'
# walsender's application_name, used for "show pool_nodes" command

backend_hostname2 = 'vm-lxpgresc3'
# Host name or IP address to connect to for backend 0
backend_port2 = 5432
# Port number for backend 0
backend_weight2 = 1
# Weight for backend 0 (only in load balancing mode)
backend_data_directory2 = '/var/lib/pgsql/12/data'
# Data directory for backend 0
backend_flag2 = 'ALLOW_TO_FAILOVER'
# Controls various backend behavior
# ALLOW_TO_FAILOVER, DISALLOW_TO_FAILOVER
# or ALWAYS_PRIMARY
backend_application_name2 = 'vm-lxpgresc3'
# walsender's application_name, used for "show pool_nodes" command