[pgpool-general: 7400] Re: non-default tablespaces

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Sun Jan 17 09:59:31 JST 2021

Oh I see.

pg_basebackup tries to create the tablespace directories, or tires to
confirm that the tablespace directories are empty before
proceeding. So you need to rm or rename those directories to be used
for tablespaces before executing pg_basebackup in the scripts.

Another way to deal with this is, using brand new directories for
tablespaces and specify them by using pg_baseback's -T option.