[pgpool-general: 7418] Re: Logging levels

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Feb 19 11:50:21 JST 2021

Hi,

On Tue, 16 Feb 2021 23:13:35 +0100
Michal Jemala <michal.jemala at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> We are running Pgpool-II as a sidecar in GKE. Pgpool's logs are being
> collected and aggregated by Stackdriver. Since by default Pgpool logs into
> stderr all logs, even the informative ones, are labeled with severity
> ERROR.

You can collect pgpool container logs using other
log collector tools, such as Fluentd.

> Would using the syslog instead of stderr help? Are the syslog
> severity levels set properly in this case?

If you use syslog instead of stderr, you need to start syslog service in container.
If you are using Pgpool-II 4.2.x, I suggest you use the pgpool build-in log collector
and save the logs in the specified files.

  https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/ja/html/runtime-config-logging.html#GUC-LOGGING-COLLECTOR

In this case, you may need to use PVC/PV for data persistence.

--
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>