[pgpool-general: 7966] Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Re: Pgpool does not accept new connections (Tatsuo Ishii)

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Mon Dec 27 21:01:22 JST 2021

> Hi,
>
> attached you will find the list of pgpool-Processes at the moment when the
> access to the database seems to freeze.
>
> We the have tried serialize_accept  with on and off - the problem remains.
> Only the child process state changes.
>
> We have in our pgpool configuration
>
>         num_init_children = 300
>
> At the  postgresql we tried   max_connection from 200 up to  800 - no
> difference.
>
> So we see hundreds of pgpool childs waiting:
>
>         pgpool: wait for accept lock

Have you set serialize_accept to on and child_life_time to 0? If so,
that's normal.  In this setting there should be only 1 pgpool child
process (in your log it's pid 2321278) which accepts connection
request from client (in your log it's pid 2321278). Other pgpool child
process's state

Can you try with serialize_accept = off and reserved_connections = 0?
If you still see the same problem, can you send the ps output?

Best reagards,