[pgpool-general: 7946] Pgpool ERROR: unable to read data from frontend

Nikolay Mastilo (HM) nikm71 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 22 00:06:19 JST 2021

Hello All,

Another question, if possible.

Pgpool constantly sends messages to the log:
2021-12-21 14:44:06: pid 206: ERROR: unable to read data from frontend
2021-12-21 14:44:06: pid 206: DETAIL: EOF encountered with frontend

Am I correct in understanding that it is trying to establish or verify
communication with his client? Is it right?

Only it is not clear with which client. We have a dozen or more services
working through Pgpool.

I tried to check by pid number using SHOW POOL_PROCESSES command. But
most often there is an empty line under the number of such pid number
I'm interested in.

Could you tell me how to diagnose with which client service Pgpool has
this problem.

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,