[pgpool-general: 7938] Pgpool docker image md5 authentification issue

Nikolay Mastilo (HM) nikm71 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 16 05:00:54 JST 2021

Hello All,

Our Pgpool runs on Kubernetes and we use it most often as a load balancer.
When the PostgreSQL connection was trusted without requiring a password,
everything was fine.

Now we decided to connect to PG with password in md5 mode and got a
problem with Pgpool. We receive messages like this:
   "ERROR: Could not authenticate with backend using md5"
   "Detail: no valid password found"

Pgpool fails user authentication while we add an entry to the
pool_passwd file with md5 username and password.
This pool_passwd file contains only one user and password entry, which I
specify in the POSTGRES_USERNAME and POSTGRES_PASSWORD env variables.
Pgpool runs in docker image pgpool / pgpool: 4.2.2 in k8s.

Can anyone answer two questions, at least one:

1.Is there any parameters or env variable in this docker image to enter
more than one user entry into the pool_passwd file in the docker image

2. Is it possible to pass md5 authentication directly to PostgreSQL
without checking the password on Pgpool.

Help, please, the problem is very critical for us.

We will be very grateful for any help or in the direction of where to
move in deciding .

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,