[pgpool-general: 7517] Re: pgpool listen port

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Fri Apr 23 19:00:23 JST 2021

> Hi,
> Does anyone know if pgpool can listen on more than one port?

Yes:
listen_addresses = '*'

However it's not possible to specify particular ports to be listened.

> Is it possible to separate encrypted and non-encrypted connections defining more than one listen port

No. I believe this is not possible with PostgreSQL neither.

> or there is another way to force some connections to be encrypted ?

Yes.

enable_pool_hba = on

and create appropreate pool_hba.conf entry. For example,

hostssl    all         all         192.168.10.1/32          trust
host       all         all         192.168.10.2/32          trust

Any connection from 192.168.10.1 is only allowed if the connection is
encrypted with SSL, while 192.168.10.1 is allowed with/without SSL.