[pgpool-general: 7269] Finding child_max_connection usage

Nikhil Shetty nikhil.dba04 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 16:26:18 JST 2020

Hi Team,

Is there a way to find how many connections has a single Pgpool child
process served?

For example: If child_max_connections is 10, then each child process will
serve 10 requests and then respawn. How do I find how many connections the
child process has served currently?

I looked into pool_counter from "show pool_pools" and I suppose it gives
how many times my backend cached connections were reused and not the number
of connections a child process has served.

Thanks and Regards,
Nikhil