[pgpool-general: 7265] VIP address still active when Pgpool stopped

shacky shacky83 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 21:31:38 JST 2020

Hi,
I configured a 3-nodes Pgpool-II cluster, and I configured the
watchdog with a VIP address.

Configuration summary:
- pgpool1: 192.168.2.11
- pgpool2: 192.168.2.12
- pgpool3: 192.168.2.13
- VIP address: 192.168.2.10

When the master node is elected for the first time the VIP address is added
on the master node, but I realised that it is not removed when a new master
is elected, or I stop Pgpool on the original master node.
What I see is that the "if_down_cmd" is never executed.

This is a problem because in this situation I have two nodes with the same
IP address.