[pgpool-general: 7308] Pgpool-II 4.2 alpha1 released.
pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Oct 6 16:14:30 JST 2020
Pgpool Global Development Group is pleased to announce the availability of Pgpool-II 4.2 alpha1.
Note that this is not a stable version but just for developers.
V4.2 contains new features and enhancements, including:
- Some items in the configuration file pgpool.conf are vastly enhanced for
easier configuration and administration.
- Implement logging_collector for easier log management.
- Implement log_disconnections to collect disconnection logs.
- Implement pg_enc and pg_md5 to allow to register multiple passwords at once.
- Allow to show statistics of health check by using SHOW POOL_HEALTH_CHECK_STATS command,
and also allow to show statistics of issued SQL by using SHOW POOL_BACKEND_STATS command.
- New PCP command pcp_reload_config is added.
- Now it is possible to omit write_function_list and read_only_function_list by
looking at system catalog information.
- Add new clustering mode snapshot_isolation_mode which guarantees not
only data modifications to multiple PostgreSQL but read consistency.
- Support LDAP authentication between clients and Pgpool-II.
- Add ssl_crl_file and ssl_passphrase_command to SSL configuration.
- Import PostgreSQL 13's SQL parser.
You can download it from:
Please see the release notes at:
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
More information about the pgpool-general