[pgpool-general: 7054] Re: Rebooting the cluster?

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Fri May 29 10:06:29 JST 2020

Hello,

On Thu, 28 May 2020 13:18:29 +0300 (FLE Daylight Time)
Anssi Kanninen <anssi at iki.fi> wrote:

> Hi everyone and thanks for a great software!
>
> How do you guys boot your clusters?
> It would be nice to have the whole 3-node cluster up cleanly (if shutdown
> was clean) just be rebooting without any other user intervention. If I
> just enable (with systemctl) all pgpool services, one node will always
> left as "down" after rebooting.

Pgpool should be started after starting PostgreSQL.
Otherwise pgpool can not find that node.

If you configure "systemctl anable ...", Pgpool may be started before PostgreSQL.

If PostgreSQL and Pgpool are starting on the same node and PostgreSQL is started by systemd,
to avoid this problem, you can configure "After=postgres.service" in pgpool.service.

Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>