[pgpool-general: 7030] Suggestion on column cast automatically to data type

postgann2020 s postgann2020 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 23:37:30 JST 2020

Hi Team,
Thanks for your support.

Could you please suggest on below query.

We are trying to changing the data type of the column, but for every time
triggering "column "parental_path" cannot be cast automatically to type
tsvector".

ALTER TABLE SCHEMA.TABLE ALTER COLUMN COLUMN_NAME  TYPE tsvector;

ERROR:  column "parental_path" cannot be cast automatically to type tsvector
HINT:  You might need to specify "USING parental_path::tsvector".

Q). Are we have any automatically changing mechanism for this type of
conversion?.

Even after changing, getting below error.

ALTER TABLE SCHEMA.TABLE ALTER COLUMN COLUMN_NAME  TYPE tsvector;
ERROR:  word is too long (2087 bytes, max 2046 bytes)

Q)Suggest, how to avoid these situations?.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
PostgAnn.