[pgpool-general: 7025] Re: Request to share hardware requirement.

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Wed May 20 18:10:17 JST 2020

> Hi Team,
>
> Thanks for your constant support.
>
> Please help us on below requirement.
>
> We have Postgres servers with Master-Slave configuration about to fulfill
> 300 max connections.
> We are trying to set up new pgpool servers for the above configuration.
>
> Could you please help us to calculate the hardware for the new setup.
>
> Requirement: 300 concurrent connection.
>
> CPU:
> RAM:
>
> Other required  parameters if any.
>
> Thanks,
> Postgann.

For RAM requirement please look into this:
https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/resource-requiremente.html

CPU requirement is not in the document because it's heavily depending
on the application usage. i.e. how much data is transfer ed and how
frequently data is transfer ed. If they are much and frequent, CPU will
be busy and you would need many cores. From my personal experience, 4
cores would be a good starting point.