[pgpool-general: 7103] postgres db login via pgpool using PAM (on *nix OS)

orafin at xmission.com orafin at xmission.com
Thu Jun 25 22:47:56 JST 2020

Oh pgpool masters!

Scenario:

Want to log into 11.X postpgres db using uname and pword setup in db,
using pgpool 4.X.
I think I need to use PAM in pool_hba.conf.  Believe I have setup pgpool.conf,
pool_hba.conf and pgpool file in /etc/pam.d correctly.

 From a remote machine host2, I do:

psql -h host1 -d dbname -U default_pgpool_software_owner_in_docs -p
default_port_in_docs

I get

plsql.bin error authentication failed
detail ldap authentication failed for user
default_pgpool_software_owner_in_docs

I want PAM to send the pword to db when it creates the backend
connection and it's not working.

ps -ef shows a number of pgpool processes waiting.

Suggestions/examples where to start (have read docs already).  Not
much in google.

TIA