[pgpool-general: 7100] Re: How to split the DBs and delete a standby server and make it a standalone postgresql server

Giancarlo Celli giancarlo.celli at flottaweb.com
Sat Jun 20 01:35:22 JST 2020

Hi,
I have some questions, so I try to integrate your commands with other
steps ... please, tell me if the following procedure is correct:

1) edit pgpool.conf to remove the standby server (remove or commentout
backend_*1 lines). Both on primary and standby.

2) stop PostgeSQL and Pgpool-II. Both on primary and standby?

3) start the standby server.
Will I use the old standby without pgpool or will it necessarily be a
new pgpool master with only one postgresql node? I really don't need
pgpool this way anymore.Should i also change the postgres.conf file with
the original settings? Mush I change port from 5433 to 5432?

4) promote the standby server (pg_ctl promote). Now the server is a
standalone PostgreSQL.

5) if neccessary, start the primary PostgreSQL and Pgpool-II. You will
see only the primary PostgreSQL.
on the primary server should i leave pgpool or could i easily remove it
and use only postgresql?
Best regards.
Giancarlo