[pgpool-general: 7085] Re: Queries regarding installation

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Jun 9 15:39:46 JST 2020

Hello,

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 11:02:34 +0530
Praveen Kumar K S <praveenssit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> May I know the equivalent package name for postgresql-libs and
> postgresql-devel on Ubuntu 16.04 ? Without installing them, my compilation
> got successful and I'm able to run pgpool. But I have issues connecting to
> backend servers.

I think the PostgreSQL library package may have been installed
in your environment be default.

> Also, it is described in the links below to execute scripts under template1
> DB. Where should this be executed ? On all my 3 postgres servers ?
>
> https://www.pgpool.net/docs/pgpool-II-4.1.1/en/html/install-pgpool-recovery.html
> https://www.pgpool.net/docs/pgpool-II-4.1.1/en/html/install-pgpool-regclass.html
> https://www.pgpool.net/docs/pgpool-II-4.1.1/en/html/create-installlock-table.html

Yes. You should execute on 3 PostgreSQL server

As described in the links above, if you are using PostgreSQL 9.4 or later,
and if you are not going to use the native replication mode,
you can skip 2,6 and 2.7 section.

[2.6. Installing pgpool-regclass]
If you are using PostgreSQL 9.4 or later, you can skip this section.

[2.7. Creating insert_lock table]
If you are not going to use the native replication mode, you can skip this section.

--
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>