[pgpool-general: 6822] Re: Postgres Replication with REPMGR and PGPOOL

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Jan 22 17:24:21 JST 2020

On Tue, 21 Jan 2020 09:39:59 +0200
Loai Abdallatif <loai.abdallatif at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues
>
> we are going to install three OS Debian 10 with PostgreSQL  replication
> (REPMGR) and high availability (PGPOOL ).
>
> any one can have document for best practice for the setup of the below
> Environment , I need to use the latest tools,

According to reports from some users Pgpool-II may not work well with repmnr together.
I recommend using the Pgpool-II's failover functionality.

Below is a setup example to achieve  automatic failover and online recovery:

https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/example-cluster.html

--
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>