[pgpool-general: 7357] Executing pg_restore through pgpool2

shacky shacky83 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 02:52:18 JST 2020

Hi all,

I want to understand if there are any reason for that would not be advised
to restore a database using pg_restore through pgpool2 and not directly
connecting to the PostgreSQL primary node.

I am asking this because trying that I am receiving the following error
when psql tries to connect to the new database after creating it:

\connect pippo
psql:psql_no_sleep.sql:39: \connect: ERROR:  unable to read message kind
DETAIL:  kind does not match between main(45) slot[1] (53)

The strange thing is that on the standby nodes I get a "database does not
exist" error.

Are you aware that I'm doing something bad?

Thank you very much!
Bye