[pgpool-general: 7227] Re: Query regarding failover and recovery

shacky shacky83 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 18:57:14 JST 2020

Il giorno mer 19 ago 2020 alle ore 07:11 Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp>
ha scritto:

> That is an expected behavior. The node previously brought down is left
> as "down" by pgoool. This is intentional. You need to issue
> pcp_recovery_node against the node (previous primary node in your
> case) to make it online again.

Hi Tatsuo,
is there a way to have this made automatically?

I know that this could not be safe in your perspective, but I also could
agree that if the PostgreSQL process starts again on the old primary it
means that the problem has been solved, and we want to restore production
as soon as possible (automatically, if possible).

Is there some workaround for this?

Thank you very much!
Bye