[pgpool-general: 7201] Re: After FailOver.SH Both nodes remain on standby :(

Praveen Kumar K S praveenssit at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 19:16:38 JST 2020

Hello,

I'm facing same issue and would like to know
1. If failover script fails, how pgpool consider that situation.
2. My failover script has failed when failover triggered. Postgres primary
and slave is working fine. But pgpool continues to show both as standby and
primary as down. I tried restarting all the services. How can I reset
pgpool to detect postgres status ?

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 1:49 PM Tatsuo Ishii <ishii at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> > Thanks for your reply and your time ,
> >

> > I checked it out , the script in create filename "trigger",    and it is
> ok  rather than "trigger_file"
> >
> > and as you can see recovery.conf  postgress is looking for "trigger"
> >
> > as well in the logs  logs  I did  see  message like  "found trigger file
> moving from hotstandby to master"
> >

> > Here is the recovery.conf file
> >
> > root at XXX XXX]# cat recovery.conf
> >
> > standby_mode = 'on'
> >
> > primary_conninfo = 'host=mgrdb120-hb port=5432 user=XXXX password=XXXX'
> >
> > #restore_command = 'scp mgrdb120-hb:/home/postgres/archive/%f %p'
> >
> > trigger_file = '/home/postgres/databases/fabrix/trigger'
> >
> > archive_cleanup_command = 'ssh mgrdb120-hb
> /home/postgres/pg_utils/archive_cleanup.sh %r'
> >
> > recovery_target_timeline = 'latest'
> >
> > [root at mgrdb119 fabrix]#
> >

> > So now my question is still relevant why pgpool doesn't recognize the
> postgress as primary
>
> Pgpool says:
> 2020-07-20 09:24:15: pid 4076: LOG:  failover: set new primary node: -1
> 2020-07-20 09:24:15: pid 4076: LOG:  failover: set new master node: 1
>
> When was the PostgreSQL promoted? My wild guess is, the promotion took
> too long time and pgpool missed it.
>
> Best regards,
> Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp

*Regards,*