[pgpool-general: 7191] Re: The best way to enable PgPool and PostgreSQL server start automatically in the Pgpool + WatchDog Mode

Wolf Schwurack wolf at uen.org
Wed Aug 12 00:04:14 JST 2020

Hey JL

I have the same configuration setup. There are some things to consider after a reboot which I check before starting pgpool. Make sure PostgreSQL database are replicating. Are you using repmgr? This also would need to be started before pgpool.
Here's a link I used to help setup my system Which may help you
http://saule1508.github.io/pgpool/

Wolfgang Schwurack
Database/System Administrator
Utah Education Network
801-587-9444
wolf at uen.org

On 8/11/20, 8:47 AM, "pgpool-general-bounces at pgpool.net on behalf of Bo Peng" <pgpool-general-bounces at pgpool.net on behalf of pengbo at sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

    Hi,

    On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 17:05:01 +0800
    "J.L." <wantdrink at gmail.com> wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I've installed pgpool 4.1.2 and postgresql 12.3 with watchdog based on
    > https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/example-cluster.html.
    > That is 3 machines with a VIP, pgpool service + watchdog service +
    > postgresql service running on each of them, 1 primary + 2 standby
    > postgresql.
    > The question is: is that possible to enable those services as auto started
    > even if I reboot all of them?
    >
    > I checked running services on them:
    >
    > [root at primary ~]# systemctl status postgresql-12
    > > postgresql-12.service - PostgreSQL 12 database server
    > >    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/postgresql-12.service;
    > > disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
    > >    Active: active (running) since Thu 2020-07-02 22:17:35 CDT; 1 months 6
    > > days ago
    > >
    > > [root at secondary1 ~]# systemctl status postgresql-12
    > > postgresql-12.service - PostgreSQL 12 database server
    > >    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/postgresql-12.service;
    > > disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
    > >    Active: inactive (dead)
    > >
    > > [root at secondary2 ~]# systemctl status postgresql-12
    > > postgresql-12.service - PostgreSQL 12 database server
    > >    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/postgresql-12.service;
    > > disabled; vendor preset: disabled)
    > >    Active: inactive (dead)
    >

    > So the postgresql service on secondary 1 & 2 is not started by postgresql
    > service, they are triggered by pgpool with command like:
    >
    > > /usr/pgsql-12/bin/postgres -D /var/lib/pgsql/12/data

    Sorry, I could not understand the configuration.
    May I ask how you configure pgpool to execute command above?

    --
    Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>