[pgpool-general: 7002] Re: Hosts setup for PgPool/PostgreSQL

Bo Peng pengbo at sraoss.co.jp
Wed Apr 22 09:13:17 JST 2020

Hello,

On Mon, 20 Apr 2020 16:55:28 +0000
Wolf Schwurack <wolf at uen.org> wrote:

> I have been using pgpool for a few years. When I setup my first pgpool/postgresql environment I used pgpool-II-3.2.5
>
> Ubuntu-18 OS on all hosts
>
> First setup of pgpool/postgresql
> 2 pgpool hosts – Primary pgpool and Standby pgpool with watchdog
> 2 postgresql hosts Primary postgresql and replication postgresql
>
> How I’m trying to configure version 4.1.1 of pgpool In the docs it’s showing 3 hosts. All 3 hosts have pgpool and postgresql running on each hosts.
>
> Is this how I should be configuring the new environment for pgpool and postgresql?

Below is a configuration example with 3 Pgpool-II and 3 PostgreSQL:

    https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/example-cluster.html

If you would like to setup 2 Pgpool-II and 2 PostgreSQL,
please note the following:

- "follow_master_command" is not required
- You need to enable "enable_consensus_with_half_votes" parameter
  because the number of watchdog is an even number.

  See doc:
  https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/runtime-watchdog-config.html#GUC-ENABLE-CONSENSUS-WITH-HALF-VOTES

--
Bo Peng <pengbo at sraoss.co.jp>