[pgpool-general: 6973] Postgresql secondary shutdown causes Pgpool restart?

hostmaster hostmaster at mylinuxsite.com
Tue Apr 14 09:25:48 JST 2020

Hi all,

I have a 2-node setup (2 pgpool and 2 Postgresql9.6)  If I stopped the
Primary, pgpool responds immediately on 'show pool nodes' even though
there is a fallback script to be executed.

However, when I stopped the Secondary, pgpool will fail on the first
query of 'show pool nodes' with error like not TCP connection.
Succeeding queries will succeed.

So it appears pgpool will restart itself when the Secondary
disconnects.  Is this a normal behaviour? How to prevent this?

Thanks.