[pgpool-general: 6963] Re: auto_failback = on not working

hostmaster hostmaster at mylinuxsite.com
Wed Apr 8 21:20:00 JST 2020

Hi,

I enabled the health check and below is the the updated configuration.
Still, the standby wouldn't come up. BTW, the documentation only
mentioned about SR Check.

** Standby is still down more than 60 secs.

-----------------------------
 node_id | hostname | port | status | lb_weight |  role   | select_cnt
| load_balance_node | replication_delay | replication_state |
replication_sync_state | last_sta
tus_change
---------+----------+------+--------+-----------+---------+----------
--+-------------------+-------------------+-------------------+------
------------------+---------
------------
 0       | PGHOST1  | 5433 | up     | 0.500000  | primary |
2          | true              |
0                 |                   |                        | 2020-
04-
08 20:06:18
 1       | PGHOST2  | 5433 | down   | 0.500000  | standby |
0          | false             |
0                 |                   |                        | 2020-
04-
08 20:09:30
(2 rows)

****  Standby is replicating OK after restarting postgresql

-[ RECORD 1 ]----+----------------------------
pid              | 24249
usesysid         | 16384
usename          | replication
application_name | walreceiver
client_addr      | 10.0.2.18
client_hostname  |
client_port      | 53142
backend_start    | 2020-04-08 20:09:59.7633+08
backend_xmin     |
state            | streaming
sent_location    | 0/5801A030
write_location   | 0/5801A030
flush_location   | 0/5801A030
replay_location  | 0/5801A030
sync_priority    | 0
sync_state       | async

**** Health Check Parameter Enabled

#--------------------------------------------------------------------
----------
# HEALTH CHECK GLOBAL PARAMETERS
#--------------------------------------------------------------------
----------

health_check_period = 10
                                   # Health check period
                                   # Disabled (0) by default
health_check_timeout = 20
                                   # Health check timeout
                                   # 0 means no timeout
health_check_user = 'postgres'
                                   # Health check user
health_check_password = 'P at ssw0rd1'
                                   # Password for health check user
                                   # Leaving it empty will make Pgpool-
II to first look for the
                                   # Password in pool_passwd file
before using the empty password

health_check_database = ''
                                   # Database name for health check. If
'', tries 'postgres' frist, then 'template1'

health_check_max_retries = 0
                                   # Maximum number of times to retry a
failed health check before giving up.
health_check_retry_delay = 1