[pgpool-general: 6720] Re: JDBC problems and availability of pgpool 4.1 version

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Tue Sep 24 07:28:26 JST 2019

> Hello pgpool users,
> I have encountered bug mentioned as "unable to bind. cannot get parse message" error. (bug 531)" trying to use clients that connect through jdbc. I also read that this bug is fixed in release 4.1 of pgpool (tests on my environment with packages for CentOS/RedHat or compiled from sources of developer release succeded). The problem is that we are convicted now for  Suse Linux 12SP3 and I would rather use packages from repositories because of many dependency problems. So...can You answer when can we expect packages of pgpool 4.1 for Suse/OpenSuse platform or at least sources of stable version (max sources version is 4.06 available now on the project site and sources of 4.1v developer release are in beta version...)?

No, the bug has been fixed in all stable branches as well as 4.1 and
master branch.
i.e. 4.0.6, 3.7.11, 3.6.18, 3.5.22 and 3.4.2.

https://pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page#Pgpool-II_4.0.6.2C_3.7.11.2C_3.6.18.2C_3.5.22_and_3.4.25_officially_released_.282019.2F08.2F15.29

Here is the release note for 4.0.6.

https://www.pgpool.net/docs/latest/en/html/release-4-0-6.html

At this point 4.1 is in beta status. So we do not recommend to use it
in production.

> My second question is if there might be any corelation between parameter "max_replication_slots" of PostgreSQL Server and problems with jdbc connections through pgpool?

No, I don't think so.