[pgpool-general: 6713] Help to handle functions contains DML statements using black_list_functions option

Siva U sivapgpool89 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 20:31:19 JST 2019

Hi Team,
Good Evening,

We have deployed the application on prod and using pool for load balanceing
with master slave mode.

We have some of the function's which contains INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
statements.

While load balancing, pgpool is sending requests to the Slaves even the
functions which contains DML statements.

We are getting this issue again and again.
We found some option (black_list_functions )for this to route the functions
to master which contain DML statements.

Could you please suggest how to use overcome this issue and help us with
available options in pgpool to handle this kind of situations.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,
Siva.