[pgpool-general: 6553] Pgpool query

Lakshmi Raghavendra lakshmiym108 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 22:37:51 JST 2019

Hi,
I am trying pgpool for automatic faliover on my postgresql cluster using
the watchdog feature
Wanted to know a couple of things
1. Are there any hooks when pgpool re-elects next pgpool master ? wanted to
run some customization during this time
2. Will the VIP get assigned ony if there are more than 1 node present in
the pgpool cluster? I had 3 nodes where i had pgpool running. When the 1st
and 2nd node's pgpool was shut i was expecting the 3rd node to acquire the
VIP but it didn't happen. And if my understanding was right i was thinking
of using the VIP in my database connection string (Since it will always be
with pgpool master who can connect to my postgresql primary). Now if the
3rd node is not acquiring the VIP, i could not use it my connection string.
Correct me if my understanding is wrong

Thanks in advance

   Lakshmi Y M