[pgpool-general: 6543] Re: Almost there with pgpool, but it's not accepting all necessary connections

Tatsuo Ishii ishii at sraoss.co.jp
Sat May 4 08:08:39 JST 2019

Ok, let's work on easier one first...

> 3) And running any of the pcp_* utilities from the command line fails:
>
>   -bash-4.2$ pcp_pool_status -v -p 9898 -h /var/run/pgpool -U pgpool
>   Password:
>   FATAL:  authentication failed for user "pgpool"
>   DETAIL:  username and/or password does not match
>
> first, it prompts me for password which I thought it would not since the
> .pcppass file exists,

You need "-w" option to not be asked password.

> but in any case when I provide it I'm told it failed.

pcp_pool_status looks for the pcp password file under home directory
of the user who is executing the command. Are you sure that you are
the user who has the .pcppass under the home directory? If so, can you
execute the command using strace? e.g.

strace pcp_pool_status -v -p 9898 -h /var/run/pgpool -U pgpool