[pgpool-general: 6464] Re: Question regarding PG Pool high availability setup on Microsoft Azure

Shereef Sakr shereef.sakr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 08:07:03 JST 2019

Thanks, a lot for your response.

I see three options are listed:
1- Elastic IP, associating an IP with different machines according to which
machine is active. but has the drawback of being a public IP.
2- DNS, associating a DNS with different IPs according to which machine is
active,
3- Modifying a routing table on the network

the solution that I see can be feasible is using is #2 or #3 if I
understand correctly, but on the following conditions:

1- Do they work with internal IPs.
2- The changes are instantaneous, I'm afraid DNS might not fulfill this
option for example.

but I need to know what are the proper alternatives for #2 and #3 on Azure?
if someone has tested this before and knows if they fulfill the conditions
listed above that would help a lot.

And in general, doesn't anyone here have a recommended HA architecture on
Azure "apart from Azure services"? I suppose someone must have tried that
somewhere?