[pgpool-general: 6428] Re: fail_over_on_backend_error on vs off

Andre Piwoni apiwoni at webmd.net
Thu Feb 21 07:26:42 JST 2019

When you have failover configured and disabled health check then by setting
this option the failover will be triggered when you attempt actual backend
connection and not sooner. I have failover configured and if health check
is disabled it will only get triggered when backend connection is made
through Pgpool even though backend system may have been down for some time.
In a way, I think of it as a complementary failover trigger when health
check interval is  larger.

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 2:09 PM Alexander Dorogensky <
amazinglifetime at gmail.com> wrote:

> What are the consequences of having that parameter set to on vs off?
> Just want to make sure I understand what this parameter does.

*Andre Piwoni*

Sr. Software Developer, BI/Database

*Web*MD Health Services

Mobile: 801.541.4722