[pgpool-general: 6406] Re: Online Recovery vs WAL acrhiving

Andre Piwoni apiwoni at webmd.net
Tue Feb 12 04:57:59 JST 2019

How about follow master command when slave just needs to repoint to the new
primary?
I cannot tell you how many scripts for follow_master_command I have found
on the web that take base backup directly or via repmgr. In case of larger
database and several slaves this is just plain waste of resources.
In it's simplest terms follow_master_command shouldn't be nothing more than:
(1) Stop slave
(2) Repoint to new master
(3) Start slave (recover from WAL archive data written by master while
being down)

Is this accurate?

--

*Andre Piwoni*