[pgpool-general: 6793] Pgpool-II with multiple independent PostgreSQL masters

Li, Chuan Kevin kevin.li at bell.ca
Tue Dec 10 03:27:44 JST 2019

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the correct channel for my question.  Please redirect me to a better resource.

I am inquiring if have you any advice/thought/input/comment of using pgpool-II with multiple independent PostgreSQL masters (let’s assume three).  Pgpool-Il (assume active/standby) would send writes to all PostgresSQL masters and send reads to only one master in a load balanced manner.  There is no replication.  If a PG master is down pgpool-II would queue all writes until that PG master is restored.

Any documentation with this architecture is appreciated.

Thanks.