[pgpool-general: 6667] Re: active/active with Consul service

Matthew Tice mjtice at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 05:36:05 JST 2019

Essentially I want two pgpool nodes active and able to proxy requests back
to the backend databases.  If one of the pgpool nodes goes down the consul
health check will fail and that node will be removed from DNS.  I'll be
manually handling any failover requirements (promoting psql hosts, updating
pgpool pool nodes, etc.).

As far as consul goes,  I have a consul cluster elsewhere, these will just
be agents installed on the local pgpool nodes that talk to the server
nodes.